Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Motley Mondays

Hello! I am indeed still alive and a lot has changed and a little has changed at the same time. I have decided to launch what I am calling:
Since Monday is my usual day off, I will write about various ways I have been crafty, saved money and stage managed like nobody's business!

I am taking the opportunity this Monday to catch the WWW up on what I have been doing. First thing's first, I moved to NYC! The move happened in late December because I wanted to ring in 2012 in my new home.
I am currently in Brooklyn and love it. The rent is way less than Manhattan and I am actually not too far away from anything! (except if I want to get to Queens by subway...)

My biggest way I have been saving money lately is by making things I might buy in a store at home. Granola, for instance. I have made up my own recipe after test driving many others. The biggest problem I had with granola is I would always burn it in this one corner of the oven. The solution? Don't preheat the oven! I put my mixed up granola on a cookie sheet in a cold oven and then close the door and start the preheating!

I have discovered Pinterest since my last blog entry and am inspired daily by things that others pin. You can follow my pin boards here. Next week I will post pictures of my Easter creations because 1. it's still Lent and 2. I don't want someone to see the Easter Bunny surprise for them.

I finished all of my Aprons for last year! (Except Feb. see this post.)

My backstage apron!
My "Art Apron" made using freezer paper stencils


Ok so I didn't make this one but I WON it! (which I decided counted)
No pattern, just old sheets and some freehand embroidery!

My favorite Apron of the year! I guess I learned something making all these aprons!

I actually made the December apron back in 2010 and it was what started the whole project. As soon as I find it and get a picture I will post it!

Stage managing! I have actually been very fortunate to have work. I left my internship in CT went to a job in NC and within a month of being in NYC I had an ASM gig. I am proud to say that I have work officially until July currently. Let me assure my non-theater professional readers that this is good news.

Tune in Thursday for my Thursday Tips, Templates and Tutorials!


No comments:

Post a Comment