Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Carmine's UWS

Hello all! On Friday I went to a restaurant and Loved it!


Their Website

Carmine's is a pretty famous place in NYC and the last time my sisters were in town for a visit, we tried to go but couldn't get a reservation. This time we picked an off-peak hour and instead of the Times Square location we tried the one on the Upper West Side. It was more convenient and according to the menu on the website, everything was $1-$2 CHEAPER!
Us at our table

We were a party of 5 and since I made a reservation, we got a table right away. (we probably didn't need a reservation for 4pm...) The cool thing about this place is that everything is served "family style" and a la carte.    So you have to work as a table to make a decision. If you don't have picky eaters, this is great! We ordered Chicken Marsala and Penne alla Vodka. Delish! Our waitress made it seem like it might not be enough food, but let me tell you, we had tons! I even took two servings home. The dishes may seem a little pricey at first glance, but keep in mind that that is feeding everyone. The two dishes divided up into how many servings they gave us, ended up about $8/serving. Not bad for NYC! especially for the quality of food!

So to my rating. Especially good for a big non-picky group!

Healthy: 4/5 I'm giving it a 4 because you can choose your own portions and therefor make it healthier.

Cheap: 4/5 $8/serving. pretty cheap for good Italian food.

Yummy: 5/5 Delish. I was happy to take leftovers home!

Total: 13/15 


No comments:

Post a Comment