Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sapori NYC

This Thursday instead of the usual, I am writing a review of a restaurant that my boyfriend and I have gone to twice and we both love it!
Their website


The first time we went here was after church and we wanted an affordable lunch that was not a burger. (Well I wanted something that wasn't a burger, my bf can always go for a burger...) We walked in to a cozy new restaurant and I was a little nervous because 1. They had no menu posted outside (so I was nervous the prices were going to be exorbitant.) 2. The place was not crowded (so I thought it must not be a popular place). Boy was I wrong on two accounts.

The waiters were very attentive and gave us descriptions of the dishes we asked them about. They told us right away that they just opened and are a BYOB place so next time we come bring a bottle of wine. The menu was short and we each ordered a $12 pasta dish from the lunch menu. The waiter brought us a few pieces of bread with some tapenade, not anything to fill you up, just enough to whet your appetite. When our  pasta arrived, we were in heaven. It was beautifully presented and even tastier than it looked. When we finished our meals we had just enough room for dessert and coffee. We got a mango cheesecake that was not on the menu, but recommended by the waiter and barista. I am so glad we tried it! It was divine.

We had such a great, affordable experience, yesterday when in search of a place to eat dinner Sapori seemed like a natural choice for the neighborhood we were going to be in. This time we stopped by Trader Joe's wine shop first, picked up a $5 bottle of wine and took it with us. Best part? No Corking Fee! We had more delicious pasta (a little more expensive for the dinner menu, but still affordable) and terrific tiramisu and over all another great experience! This has got to be the best kept secret of Murray Hill.

Now to my rating system:

Healthy: 4 Homemade pasta? healthier than processed!
Cheap:  4 For a nice sit-down Italian place? you can't do much cheaper.
Yummy:5 Everything I had was the best thing I have ever had.

Total: 13/15

Until Monday,


No comments:

Post a Comment