Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trying out some new things

Well I have now been here 2 days but I have yet to do any stage managing stuff. But that's ok, the time will come.
My current room


What I have done with those 2 days is paint. I have never painted sets before so oh boy have I learned a lot in 48 hours. I also spiced up my ratty jeans.
People pay money to get jeans that look like this
I packed these jeans because I planned on, at one point or another, having to help paint. I didn't know it would be so soon! I have another day of painting ahead of me before I head over to New York City to watch rehearsal for the show that will open soonest.

In other adventures, I drove around the town I am in and found this, 
They don't have these in Texas.
I was super excited and went in to buy milk and cereal. The cashier, Eric, was very nice and friendly. I shall go back.

 I also ventured out to try some local food. (P.S. I actually stopped here on my way to MA last summer and we ate lunch, got fuel and took a picture with a fire station...crazy) 
There are Three real things I look for when I try out a new place to eat; Was it Healthy? Was it Cheap? and Was it Yummy? 
(Scale of 1[not at all]-5[very!])
My review of a local Mexican Restaurant "Los Cabos"

Presentation was the only good thing

Los Cabos 6/15
Healthy? 2
It's Mexican Food... I wasn't expecting healthy, but if it was I could justify spending the money.
Cheap? 2
the margarita was $8!!! What! it wasn't very good. definitely not $8 good. No entrĂ©es were less than $10. 
Yummy? 2
The salsa had NO flavor, at all. not spicy, not like ketsup, NOTHING. the grilled shrimp was good, but how can you mess that up? The guac was NOT fresh tasted like it was from a package.
Comments: I will not go there again. It just wasn't Mexican food...

Today I went to a little organic food store in Playhouse Square Shopping Center next door to the Theater. (I can't remember the name.) No pic but I had 6" Turkey Meatloaf.
11/15
Healthy? 4
All fresh and Organic ingredients! It was Turkey and not Beef! But I am not sure exactly how many calories or what all was inside.
Cheap? 3
$10 was a little steep, BUT it was by weight so maybe next time I should get something that weighs less.
Yummy? 4
Moist & fresh! I would have liked some more sauce on the top. but it was tasty.
Comments: I will go there again. They have a HUGE selection of organic tea! and all kinds of organic foodstuffs The prices of the things I looked at were reasonable,  but I will do my research before I buy anything.

I also am starting knitting a scarf with a couple of these yarns.
More info on the scarf to come! 
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment