Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

In the North

I made it to Connecticut and am kinda settled in. (I will be moving to the REAL intern housing next week so no point in getting too comfortable.)
My dad and I made the drive from Texas to Connecticut in 2.5 days and we probably could have done it faster, but we wanted to take our time.
We spent the first night at a really shady hotel in Nashville, and the second night at a nicer shady hotel an hour outside of Baltimore, where I dropped off my dad at the airport and drove the rest of the way by myself.
I didn't take nearly as many pictures on the road as I planned to but I did see a funny sign at a rest stop in Virginia.

It's COLD here!I was told that it is in fact colder than usual and that it should warm up soon. I'm just glad I brought Dallas winter clothes.
People drive around like they were in Fahrenheit 451. It's actually kinda terrifying, but I shall conquer the skill.

 I heard I would be painting today so I guess I will start my real job tomorrow. 

Pray for Alan, he starts his transcontinental bicycle trip today!

No comments:

Post a Comment