Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Smörgås Chef @ Scandinavia House -Review

After a crazy week of starting a new show, I am back! and reviewing another place to eat at in NYC!


Smörgås Chef @ Scandinavia House




I have walked passed this place on Park Ave. dozens of time and didn't even realize it was a place to eat! The windows always have interesting IKEA-esque things on display, so why would I think of it as a place to eat? 

When we were at coffee hour on Sunday after church, two of our friends asked us if we had the time to join them for brunch. For once, we had the whole day free! We gladly accepted and by the end, we were very glad we did.

Past the neat window display, there is a little cafe and gift shop. 

The food was so delicious! It had a taste of Scandinavia, without tasting too foreign. I had the "Hamlet" from the brunch menu (I had to because of the AWESOME name!) It was so tasty. It was an omelette with ham, asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes. It was served with potatoes and a salad. 

AND the Brunch menu had a special with some of the items you could get the special, the meal + brunch cocktail + bottomless coffee all for $18. pretty darn good if you ask me.

So here is my rating, 

Healthy: 5/5 They pride themselves on the quality of ingredients and other than the desserts and alcohol, very healthy Brunch food 

Cheap: 3/I think the quality is worth the price, but I have been to cheaper places  and to more expensive places.

Yummy: 5/I tried my food, Alan,s food and all the desserts and everything was super tasty!

Total: 13/15 One of my highest rated places that I have reviewed and there was no wait for a Sunday afternoon!





No comments:

Post a Comment