Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Couponing!

Living on a budget can be tricky, but I think it just makes me get creative with shopping and eating. I am cooking things that are on sale AND things that I have coupons for while still trying to keep healthy. Amazingly, cheap foods tend to be less healthy... like the infamous ,
380 calories and 1540mg of sodium per package?!? 
I might get desperate one day, but for now I will do some couponing to avoid this.

SO some of my happy returns from coupons! The trick is knowing what coupons you have, only cutting out what you would buy anyway AND most importantly, waiting until an item goes on sale, so I browse the circulars of CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid and Stop&Shop. I picked those stores because they are all on the way in to work so I don't use extra gas. (I might add Wal-Mart to this mix it's not on the way, but not too far.)
Last week I spent $6.09 and got 5 items at CVS
Here's how it broke down:
  • Chex-Mix SALE 2/$3 + $.50 coupon =$1.25/package
  • Lucky Charms and Reeses Puffs SALE 2/$5 + $1 coupon = $2/box
  • Milk (no sale, but I needed it and it went toward gas points)
  • + $4 CVS Extra Care Bucks
The receipt says I saved $14.36 today! 

Yesterday at CVS I got a real steal!
  • Skintimate shave gel SALE $1.99 + $1 coupon 
    • I bought two of these because I had two coupons. 
  • +$2 CVS Extra Care Bucks
FREE! I bought something else I needed that wasn't on sale because I needed it so I did spend $6 but I saved $8!

At Stop&Shop the other day
  • Nature Sweet Cherry Tomatoes SALE buy one ($3) get one free! +$1 coupon= $1/package
More couponing adventures to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment