Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's

After I read the Novella Breakfast at Tiffany's, I had to watch the movie. I enjoyed it (even though I liked the book more) and I really loved seeing Audrey Hepburn in fun outfits and eccentric accessories. I am sleeping in an eastern facing room now and the sun wakes me up around 6 every morning (even when I get to sleep in!). Anyway I was inspired by Holly Golightly and decided to make a sleeping mask!




So the day I wanted to do this, Joann's was closed already so off to Walmart where I bought everything for about $5.  
Panties?!? I know... but they were the right color and bear with me.
First I cut off the back of the underwear to use, and attached some interfacing



Then I traced a face mask pattern


And cut out two 


Then I cut out the eyelashes out of some gold sparkly ribbon.


then I folded the ribbon in half and sewed it around the perimeter. 

Notice how I used the elastic from the underwear for the headstrap.
I sewed the two sides wrong sides together, flipped it right side out ironed on adhesive backing onto the eyelashes and then ironed it on to the front of the face mask and Ta-Da!



3 comments: